Many of us take pride in our local area and want to help keep it looking neat and tidy. There’s nothing to stop any of us cutting the grass verges near our houses, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- pick a quiet time when there is less traffic
- wear a high-vis jacket and face oncoming traffic when at the edge of the road
- check for utility covers, hidden holes and loose stones
- stop mowing when people are passing
- not cut grass when it’s wet, if it’s raining or visibility is poor
- not use strimmers
- mow across with a push mower, if the site is sloping, but up and down with a ride-on mower
- dispose of any grass cuttings in an appropriate manner.
Overgrown grass affecting visibility at a junction or bend and hedges can be reported via www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/faultreporting , but please be aware that we will only take action if the issue poses a risk to public safety.